Private Jet to Friedrichshafen Airport: Charter Flights
Friedrichshafen Airport is located about four kilometres from Friedrichshafen city centre, which means that in as little as five minutes, you could be arriving at your meeting. In addition to meeting rooms, Germany’s southernmost airport offers a fascinating aviation museum, and is host to the annual aviation event AERO.
Friedrichshafen Airport History
Friedrichshafen Airport was founded in 1915 when the first airship hall was completed. In 1928, Friedrichshafen Airport GmbH was incorporated, overseeing the airport’s smooth operation to this day, including all charter flights from Friedrichshafen. At certain points in its history, the airport was known under the names of Friedrichshafen Löwental and Airship Hall Löwental. In 2015, it celebrated its centenary.
Over the years the airport developed into a highly modern facility. Among other elements, this is reflected in the new arrival terminal, the growing number of airline partnerships, as well as the renovation of the runway, which was given a special surfacing that shortens braking distances and reduces wear on aircraft brakes and tyres.
Safety is of vital importance for both commercial flights as well as private aircraft, which is why the airport uses state-of-the-art technology, allowing planes to land and take off even in conditions of poor visibility. In addition, special runway markings help guide pilots to the right spot even when mists from nearby Lake Constance obscure the view.
Friedrichshafen (FDH) Airport Location
Distances from Friedrichshafen Airport to:
- Friedrichshafen city centre: approx. 4 kilometres by car
- Constance: approx. 30 kilometres by car
- Ravensburg: approx. 17 kilometres by car
After arriving from your private flight in Friedrichshafen, onward transfer by limousine or helicopter is easily arranged by JetApp. Or if you prefer, hire cars or taxis are also available to take you to your local accommodation or meeting.
Premium Service: Private Jet Hire at Friedrichshafen Airport
FDH Airport is well-equipped to serve the needs of passengers travelling by private jet to or from Friedrichshafen, offering a variety of conveniences in addition to the many benefits of travelling by private charter:
- No limited flight schedules
- Individual schedule, tailored according to your needs and appointments
- No stopovers or plane changes
- Stress-free and punctual arrival
With no need to wait in queues or arrive hours before your flight, you can focus your attention on urgent business matters whether on the ground or in the air. It’s even possible to organise meeting, conference or seminar rooms directly at the airport and be off to your private jet directly at its conclusion. In addition to presentation-ready meeting rooms with all necessary equipment, catering can also be arranged upon request.
Bodensee Airport Friedrichshafen is home to the Dornier Museum, which houses a collection of 400 exhibit items including original aircraft as well as reproductions of historic planes in a hangar-inspired facility with 5,000 square metres of space.
Flights by Private Jet: Friedrichshafen Airport
At Friedrichshafen Airport, flights by private jet to numerous destinations throughout Europe are a smooth-running part of its daily operations, with the number of both domestic and international connections on commercial airlines also growing steadily. Private jet charter at Friedrichshafen Airport can take you quickly to:
- Friedrichshafen ✈ Dusseldorf (EDDL / DUS): approx. 1 hour
- Friedrichshafen ✈ Toulouse (LFBO / TLS): approx. 1 hour 25 minutes
- Friedrichshafen ✈ Zurich (LSZH / ZRH): approx. 35 minutes
- Friedrichshafen ✈ Rostock (ETNL / RLG): approx. 1 hour 20 minutes
- Friedrichshafen ✈ Memmingen Allgäu (EDJA / FMM): approx. 35 minutes
There’s no substitute for doing business face to face. While your client or partner may not be conveniently around the corner from you, there’s no reason why business trips have to take up valuable hours in queues or waiting rooms. From Friedrichshafen Airport, both domestic and international destinations are within easy reach. For example, with a charter flight from Friedrichshafen, you could be in Toulouse in around an hour and a half. Rostock is 1 hour and 20 minutes and Dusseldorf is less than an hour. In an even shorter time – 35 minutes – you could be disembarking your private aircraft in Memmingen or Zurich.
Friedrichshafen Airport Runway
|Runway||Length and width||Surface|
|06/24||2,356 m x 45 m||Asphalt|
The Messe Friedrichshafen (exhibition centre), site of the annual Global Show for General Aviation: AERO, is located adjacent to the airport. Produced as a partnership between the airport and the Messe, visitors to the exhibition can get a close-up look at numerous airplanes and jets. If you’re more the seafaring type, the yacht marina and yacht club on Friedrichshafen’s lakeside promenade is bound to be a highlight. An important arrival point for visitors of breathtaking Lake Constance, Friedrichshafen is the perfect place to unwind after a busy day. A private flight to Friedrichshafen Airport is just the ticket to either a successful conference or some long-awaited R&R.
- Airport code: EDNY / FDH
- Surface area: 150 ha
- Altitude: 414 m (1,358 ft) above MSL
- Passengers per year: 523,888 (2016)
- Aircraft types: all common aircraft and weight classes
- Runway operating hours: Mon–Fri 6am to 10pm, Sat–Sun 9am to 8pm (exceptions possible)
- Runways: 1 (2,356 m)
- Dusseldorf Airport (Germany)
- Toulouse Airport (France)
- Zurich Airport (Switzerland)
- Rostock Airport (Germany)
- Memmingen Allgäu Airport (Germany)
- Stuttgart Airport (Germany)
- St. Gallen Altenrhein Airport (Switzerland)
- Vienna Airport (Austria)
- Cologne Bonn Airport (Germany)
- Bern Belp Airport (Switzerland)
- Berlin Schönefeld Airport (Germany)
- Innsbruck Airport (Austria)
- Geneva Airport (Switzerland)
- Mengen Hohentengen Airport (Germany)
- Salzburg Airport (Austria)