Charter Flights from Shannon Airport: Private Jet Charter
Not far from Limerick, right at the mouth of the largest river in Ireland, lies Shannon Airport. It is the only airport on the Wild Atlantic Way – the coastal tourism trail along the west of Ireland. If you continue driving along this road for around an hour, you’ll end up at the famous Cliffs of Moher. A multiple-extended runway allows large aircraft to take-off and land at Shannon Airport. Travelling by private jet is also possible at Shannon Airport: charter flights and commercial flights regularly pass through Shannon.
The History of Shannon Airport
The initial plans for Shannon Airport emerged in 1935. It wasn’t long before they were put into action. The airport was used by the military during the Second World War. Even then, Shannon Airport was particularly important for transatlantic flight routes. Regular air traffic finally began in 1945. Travelling by commercial or charter flight from Shannon Airport has been possible ever since.
In 1961, planning for a new runway with an asphalt surface was underway, but it wasn’t until 1966 that the runway was made as long as it is today. This paved the way for charter flights to and from Shannon Airport to begin. In 1971, a new terminal was opened, which was completely redesigned in 2000 and expanded over a large area. Almost 2 million passengers are handled at Shannon Airport every year. The new terminal is designed to accommodate up to 4.5 million passengers.
Location of Shannon Airport
Distances from Shannon Airport:
- Shannon city centre: approx. 6 kilometres by car
- Limerick: approx. 25 kilometres by car
- Galway: approx. 83 kilometres by car
As soon as you’ve arrived on your private jet at Shannon Airport, you have the choice of various transfer options. For example, the airport offers a range of VIP services, one of which is a helicopter transfer. Flying by helicopter is much faster and more relaxing than having to take the long drive in a rented car or taxi, particularly when you’ve just come from long meetings.
Charter Flights from Shannon Airport on your own Private Plane
SNN Airport offers plenty of room for relaxation while you’re waiting for your charter flight to take-off, particularly in the business lounges. The Ború Lounge is open from 7.15am to 1pm for passengers travelling to the USA, while all other passengers may use the lounge from 1pm to 7pm (6pm on Saturdays). For passengers on charter flight from Shannon Airport, the Burren Lounge is available for use between the hours of 6 am to 1 pm. In both lounges you will find a selection of newspapers, plenty of space for relaxing, snacks and drinks as well as free Wi-Fi.
Since 1947, passengers have also been able to get some shopping done at Shannon Airport. The airport is home to the world’s first and oldest duty-free shop. You can shop there 24 hours a day. You’ll find premium brands such as Chanel, Gucci or Armani as well as the Shannon Irish Design Store. More than 120 Irish traders sell their handcrafted items here as well.
Furthermore, you can book a porter service for your charter flight to or from Shannon Airport in advance or make use of the Meet & Greet services:
- VIP service prior to take-off: pick-up from home; chauffeur transfer to the airport; escort through security, the lounge, and the gate
- VIP service upon arrival: pick up directly from your private jet or at the terminal; guidance and help with completing entry documents; assistance at the baggage area; chauffeur service to your final flight destination
- Meet & Greet for transfers: accompaniment to your next flight
- Entry to VIP lounges
- Concierge services
Hire a Private Jet to and from Shannon Airport
A wide range of short and long haul flight connections are available for Shannon Airport charter flights. Below are the current top flight connections with Shannon Airport:
- Shannon ✈ Bangor (KBGR / BGR): approx. 5 hours 40 minutes
- Shannon ✈ Teterboro (KTEB / TEB): approx. 6 hours 20 minutes
- Shannon ✈ Gander (CYQX / YQX): approx. 4 hours 15 minutes
- Shannon ✈ Westchester County (KHPN / HPN): approx. 6 hours 20 minutes
- Shannon ✈ Rome Ciampino (LIRA / CIA): approx. 2 hours 55 minutes
Thanks to its location on the Atlantic coast, SNN Airport has a decisive advantage: it is particularly suitable for long haul flights to the USA or Canada. If you want to travel to Bangor (Maine) with a charter flight from Shannon Airport, for example, it will take around 5 hours 40 minutes. The flight time to Teterboro and Westchester County is around 6 hours 20 minutes. Shannon Airport is only a little over four hours away from the Canadian airport of Gander. The airport is also in a central position for many European destinations. For example, it takes approx. 3 hours to get to Rome-Ciampino on a business flight.
Runways at Shannon Airport
|Runway||Length and width||Foundation|
|06/24||3,199 m x 45 m||Asphalt|
The region around Shannon impresses travellers with its unique natural beauty, only to be found on the Irish coast. After a visit to the famous Cliffs of Moher, you can take a trip out to sea. You can combine your business appointments with some holiday time. Perhaps try exploring the River Shannon in your own rented boat – this way you don’t have to sacrifice your comfort to enjoy the great outdoors. Perhaps opt for a yacht or even a barge for a larger group and enjoy the scenery around Shannon before boarding your next charter flight at Shannon Airport.
- Airport code: EINN / SNN
- Altitude: 14 m (46 ft) MSL
- Passengers per year: approx. 1,714.872 (2015)
- Aircraft types: all common aircraft types and weight categories
- Runway operating hours: 24/7
- Runways: 1 (3,199 m)
- Bangor Airport (USA)
- Teterboro Airport (USA)
- Gander Airport (Canada)
- Westchester County Airport (USA)
- Rome Ciampino Airport (Italy)
- Dublin Airport (Ireland)
- Geneva Airport (Switzerland)
- London Farnborough Airport (UK)
- Nice Airport (France)
- Paris Le Bourget Airport (France)
- Billund Airport (Denmark)
- Tel Aviv Ben Gurion Airport (Israel)
- London Luton Airport (UK)
- St. John’s Airport (Canada)
- Washington Dulles Airport (USA)