Book Your Charter Flight to Bern Airport
Private jet charter at Bern Belp Airport is not only attractive for private individuals but also for business travellers. Located a mere six kilometres from the city, quick transfers are a given. Bern Airport makes a substantial contribution to the development of the greater region, impacting both business and tourism. Private jet hire at Bern Belp Airport comes with impeccable service that will ensure you the greatest of comfort while travelling.
History of Bern Airport (BRN)
Bern’s involvement with manned aviation began as early as 1910 when the first Swiss Aviation Exhibition opened its doors. However, it quickly became apparent that the space used for the exhibition was insufficient to expand the local flight infrastructure. Thus, the Bern Airfield Commission began the search for a suitable location. The decision was made to build an airfield in Belpmoos. And within a short time, the planning and the construction was complete – a milestone for the aviation industry in Bern.
In 1929, the airfield cooperative and private airline Alpar were founded. The name reflected the company’s location in the Alps and also incorporated a reference to the Aare River. The airline’s fleet was made up of Fokker F.XIs, with three flights a week to Biel and Basel, from which connections could be taken to London, Paris, and other cities. The airport was renamed Bern Airport as recently as 2014.
Bern Airport Location
Six kilometres southeast from Bern, the airport is located in the town of Belp, which is why it is sometimes referred to as Bern Belp Airport.
Distances from Bern Belp Airport to:
- Bern Cathedral: approx. 11 kilometres by car
- Einstein House Bern: approx. 12 kilometres by car
- Bern historic city centre: approx. 12 kilometres by car
Following your private flight to Bern, onward transfer by limousine can bring you to the city centre in a matter of minutes. Of course, taxis are also available.
Bern Private Jet Charter: Travel in Europe
Given its location in the heart of Europe, Bern charter flights can take you quickly to an array of other European destinations. Hire a private jet from Bern (BRN) Airport and land within a short time at such hotspots as:
- Bern ✈ RAF Northolt (EGWU / NHT): approx. 1 hour 25 minutes
- Bern ✈ Paris Le Bourget (LFMN / NCE): approx. 1 hour
- Bern ✈ London Luton (EGGW / LTN): approx. 1 hour 25 minutes
- Bern ✈ Nice (LSGG / GVA): approx. 55 minutes
- Bern ✈ London Farnborough (LSGG / GVA): approx. 1 hour 20 minutes
From Bern, a flight to London, Paris, or Nice by private jet is both pleasurable and time-efficient. Whether for business or leisure, after only an hour and 25 minutes in the air you’ll be transferring to car and soon in the middle of buzzing London. The temptations of Paris are an hour’s flight away and Nice’s glorious beaches are 55 minutes.
Fly by Private Jet from Bern Airport: VIP Treatment
Bern Airport is often praised for its easy and short connections in addition to its simple and uncomplicated check-in procedure and excellent safety standards. VIP passengers of Bern Airport charter flights will appreciate the following:
- General Aviation Centre for private flights
- VIP lounge
- Close proximity to popular ski areas
- Conference and meeting rooms
- Luxury accommodation within walking distance
Runways at Bern Airport
Bern Belp Airport flights (both charter and commercial) operate according to Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) which means that electronic navigation systems are used to safely land and take off. Specifications of the runways at BRN are as follows:
|Runway||Length and width||Surface|
|14/32||1,730m × 30 m||Asphalt|
|14R/32L||650 m × 30 m||Grass|
Charter Flights at Bern Airport
An airport must operate smoothly and according to set procedures. At Bern Airport, private aircraft receive excellent service. The airport prides itself on everything running according to carefully designed plans. For a chance to see how they do it, behind the scenes tours are offered to the curious or enthusiastic traveller from Monday to Saturday. During the hour-and-a-half tour, you’ll learn how flights are organised and get an overview of the various aviation divisions.
If you find yourself in Bern in the pre-Lenten period, be sure not to miss the Bern Carnival, which begins with the symbolic "freeing of the bear." A bear is "captured" each year on 11 November and placed into the Winter Tower for its winter hibernation at exactly 11:11am. 111 days later, he is freed and the Carnival, the third largest of its kind in Switzerland, gets into full swing.
Organise a charter flight to or from Bern Belp with JetApp. Whether travelling for business or leisure, you’ll delight at how comfortable, secure, and uncomplicated it can be to get from A to B.
- Airport code: (LSZB / LSMB / BRN)
- Surface area: 55 ha
- Altitude: 510 m above MSL
- Passengers per year: 190,032 (2015)
- Runway operating hours: 7am to 10pm (Monday to Friday), 7am to sunset (Saturday), 8am to 10pm (Sunday)
- Runways: 2 (1,730 m, 650 m)
- Zurich Airport (Switzerland)
- Paris Le Bourget Airport (France)
- Geneva Airport (Switzerland)
- Nice Airport (France)
- London Farnborough Airport (UK)
- RAF Northolt Airport (UK)
- London Luton Airport (UK)
- Munich Airport (Germany)
- London Biggin Hill Airport (UK)
- Buochs Airport (Switzerland)
- Brussels Airport (Belgium)
- Lugano Airport (Switzerland)
- Friedrichshafen Airport (Germany)
- Luxembourg Airport (Luxembourg)
- Cannes Airport (France)