Book Your Charter Flight to Faro Airport
Passengers of private jets to Faro have discovered the secret to the quickest and most comfortable means of reaching the rocky coasts and sandy beaches of Portugal’s Algarve. A charter flight to Faro Airport means no time standing in queues. Instead, you can enjoy a relaxing and comfortable flight, tailored to your tastes and scheduled to suit your convenience.
Faro Airport History
The Algarve’s growing reputation as a holiday destination has made Faro Airport an increasingly popular landing spot for European tourists since it opened in 1966. In 1989, the airport authority built a new passenger terminal to keep up with demand, with a further expansion in 2001. Infrastructure improvements continued from 2009 to 2013 with an extension of the runway and renovations to other areas of the airport. However, because the previous expansions weren‘t sufficient to cope with ever-increasing passenger numbers, extensive redevelopment of the grounds began in 2015 with the goal of increasing capacity from 6 million to 8 million passengers annually.
Faro Airport Location
Faro Airport is 7 kilometres outside the city of Faro, making for a convenient transfer into the administrative centre of the Algarve region or a picturesque onward journey to the area’s surrounding resort towns and leisure destinations.
Distances from Faro Airport to:
- Faro Old Town: approx. 8 kilometres by car
- Palácio de Estoí: approx. 12 kilometres by car
- Vale del Lobo: approx. 19 kilometres by car
- Ria Formosa Nature Reserve: approx. 20 kilometres by car
- Vilamoura: approx. 26 kilometres by car
- Albufeira: approx. 36 kilometres by car
- Praia da Falésia: approx. 36 kilometres by car
- Praia da Galé: approx. 47 kilometres by car
- Santa Maria do Castelo Church: approx. 39 kilometres by car
- Ferragudo: approx. 67 kilometres by car
- Praia da Rocha: approx. 73 kilometres by car
- Meia Praia: approx. 89 kilometres by car
- Lagos: approx. 91 kilometres by car
- Vila do Bispo: approx. 108 kilometres by car
- Praia da Bordeira: approx. 109 kilometres by car
Advantages of a Faro Charter Flight
Faro Airport is the third busiest in Portugal and is the country’s only airport offering direct flight connections in the Algarve. It’s the best arrival point for destinations in southern Portugal or a winter break on the southern coast. A private jet to or from Faro means minimal waiting time and maximum flexibility of schedules and destinations. Any stopovers are up to you. And of course, the individual service you receive when chartering a private flight from Faro Airport ensures a premium of comfort and convenience while traveling. The most frequent connections from Faro are:
- Faro ✈ London Luton (EGGW / LTN): approx. 2 hours 34 minutes
- Faro ✈ London Biggin Hill (EGKB / BQH): approx. 2 hours 30 minutes
- Faro ✈ Malaga (LEMG / AGP): approx. 51 minutes
- Faro ✈ Dublin (EIDW / DUB): approx. 2 hours 39 minutes
- Faro ✈ London Farnborough (EGLF / FAB): approx. 2 hours 28 minutes
Faro charter flights are a popular option for travel to London, with an approximate two and a half hour flight time. The Faro–Malaga route is a short 51 minutes to Andalusia’s second-largest city, a well-loved spot on southern Spain’s Costa del Sol. As Spain’s busiest airport, the important travel hub on the Mediterranean coast offers a gracious welcome to visitors.
Faro Airport’s runway is suitable for use by short and long-haul flights.
Faro Airport Runway
|Runway||Length and Width||Surface|
|10/28||2,490 m x 45 m||Asphalt|
Private Jet Charter in Faro is your Passport to First Class Service
Faro Airport has numerous shopping opportunities from tobacco to cosmetics to jewellery. A fast track service substantially reduces any waiting time. Amenities and accommodation for business travellers include a fully-equipped conference room for up to 65 people. Those seeking quiet space in which to relax or work will find the Lounge ANA at the main terminal between gates A52 and A53. The lounge features a panoramic view of the runway. Opening hours are from 6am to 11.30pm.
An overview of the lounge’s services include:
- Internet-equipped computer workstations
- Hot and cold beverages
- International newspapers and magazines
Transfers to Faro and the Region
Arriving by charter flight in Faro, your onward journey by chauffeured limousine to the city centre or any number of beautiful coastal villages affords you the opportunity to take in the beautiful sea vistas of the Algarve’s coastline. If you enjoy getting behind the wheel, hire of a luxury vehicle is also an excellent way to explore the area. The drive into Faro from the airport takes roughly a quarter of an hour.
Charter Flights to Faro: Portugal’s Beautiful Algarve Region
Faro is the administrative and business centre of the Algarve region and offers the most convenient connection to the many holiday resorts of southern Portugal’s coast. The Algarve Coast is famous for its well-maintained sandy beaches as well as natural rock formations and cliffs. About an hour from Faro by car, the rugged, ochre-coloured boulders of Praia da Rocha provide a dramatic landscape. Built on a hill overlooking a small fishing port, the nearby town of Ferragudo is best viewed from São João Castle.
First and foremost amongst Faro’s charms is the city’s picturesque old town with its Moorish-influenced architecture. The former monastery of Nossa Senhora da Assunção is a splendid example of a Renaissance-style cloister and now serves as an archeology museum devoted to sacred art as well as the colourfully-painted Azulejos ceramic tiles typical of the region. The barrier islands of the Rio Formosa are a designated nature reserve and best experienced by boat. The region is also renowned for its many first class golf resorts. Praia de Faro and the dunes of Ilha da Armona are the perfect day trip for a dip in the warm waters. The Rococo palace with Azulejo-tiled walls and Roman mosaics in the small village of Estoí is truly magical. Whatever your reason for flying to Portugal, charter flights to Faro and the Algarve are the ideal way to begin a journey of discovery.
- Airport code: LPFR / FAO
- Altitude: 7 m (23 ft) above MSL
- Passengers per year: 7,630,909 (2016)
- Aircraft types: all common aircraft and weight classes
- Runway operating hours: 24/7
- Runways: 1 (2,490 m)
- London Luton Airport (UK)
- London Biggin Hill Airport (UK)
- Malaga Airport (Spain)
- Dublin Airport (Ireland)
- London Farnborough Airport (UK)
- Nice Airport (France)
- Cascais Airport (Portugal)
- Geneva Airport (Switzerland)
- Madrid Barajas Airport (Spain)
- Lisbon Airport (Portugal)
- Bournemouth Airport (UK)
- Manchester Airport (UK)
- Palma de Mallorca Airport (Spain)
- Zurich Airport (Switzerland)
- Paris Le Bourget Airport (France)